Server Operating SystemMicrosoft server is a server operating system that became available in October 2016. The Server 2016 has various new features such as:
- Windows Defender: An anti-malware can be installed and enabled without using GUI.
- Active Directory Federation Services: Active Directory Federation Services can be configured to the system
- Remote Desktop Services: This for improve the performance and stability of the system.
- Storage Services: Storage services have storage replica option which replicates files instead of blocks. It also can replicates snapshots and direction can also be changed using it.
- Failover Clustering: This feature is for rolling upgrade and storage replica.
- Web Application Proxy: This feature is for pre-authentication of the HTTP application.
Along with all this, various other feathers such as new networking features involve: supporting generic routing encapsulation, more network interface, IP address management. To summarize, the Microsoft server will enhance the performance and security of the system.
Windows Server 2016 Datacenter Edition is the newest version of the highly virtualized software built for private and hybrid cloud environments. The innovative software concentrates on providing the highest level of flexibility and control to businesses in need of a centralized solution for managing cloud-ready workloads with more ease. Windows Server 2016 also helps to prevent malicious attacks against your system with a strengthened security suite that also detects any suspicious activity as a preventative measure. Users can change existing applications into cloud-ready solutions and help developers to create new ones using containers, microservices, and Nano Server. Your datacenter can be run with an automated and resilient operating system and will have access to many of the same cloud-efficient features found in Microsoft Azure datacenters.
With Windows Server 2016 Datacenter, users gain access to features such as server virtualization, storage, software-defined networking, web application platforms, server management, and automation, information protection, virtual desktops, and much more. This version of Windows Server 2016 Datacenter uses an original equipment installation (OEI) DVD for installation and provides a 16 core license.
• Provides the user with an unlimited amount of virtual machines with each license coming with a Hyper-V host.
• Can function as a network controller; meaning, it can allow network controllers to communicate with other services, devices, and other components on the same network.
• Provides support for shielded Virtual machines.
• Supports remote desktop services, which improves the performance and stability of the system.
• The Storage Services have a storage replica option that replicates files instead of blocks.
• Has a better performance and scalability compared to other versions due to improved memory support.
• Improved security with features such as Windows Defender, AppLocker, and Just-In-Time administration among others
• Uses Software-Defined Networking (SDN). The technology architecture used in SDN provides reduced infrastructure needs, better resource utilization, and on-demand application delivery to users.
• Also include other features like; Nano Server installation option, cluster OS Rolling upgrade, VM load Balancing, and RDS RemoteFX vGPU.
• Supports Windows PowerShell Desired state configuration and Hyper-V container.
|REQUIRED PROCESSOR||1.4 GHz 64.bit processor that supports NX and DEP, as well as CMPXCHG16b, LAHF/SAHF, and prefetch. Must also support Second Level Address Translation (EPT or NPT)|
|REQUIRED MEMORY AND ARCHITECTURE2||1GB (minimum), 2GB (recommended)|
|REQUIRED HARD DISK SPACE||32 GB minimum; much more recommended|
|REQUIRED VIDEO CARD||1024 x 768 screen resolution or higher. DirectX® 9 graphics processor with WDDM driver|
|REQUIRED CONNECTIVITY||Internet access (fees may apply)|